Thursday, January 16, 2020

Deployment of Aerohibe AP 250s in an old Cisco Environment (First time building Network Architecture)

Hey all, new to networking. I have a few years in IT, and Information security, but this is my first time deploying and implementing Enterprise Network Architecture.

My company is changing their networking Equipments, Old Cisco Catalysts 2960 Switch [EOL], Cisco ASA 5512 X Firewall [Nearing EOL], And I can't remember the AP Model off the top of my head.

After reviewing vendors and discussing we went with the Aerohive AP 250s as our Access Points. I need to plug in the APs into the old network, and have them function properly.

I'm a bit lost at what I would be looking / what I should be looking for.

Example: I didn't think to check how the APs function, and that's huge in networking (I'm learning).

I'm looking for any helpful bits of advice, and questions I should be asking.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment