Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Dell Force10 not accepting keyboard input via console connection.

Hi all. I received a Dell Force10 S25-01-GE-24T from a decom. However, I am able to connect to it via a console cable to do a factory reset but it seems to not recognize any keyboard input. When it gets to the point where it says "Hit any key to break into BOOT_USER mode" I try but nothing happens. I have also tried Ctrl C and Ctrl ^. After it completely boots it will say that con0 is now available and Press RETURN to get started but still wont accept any keyboard input and eventually get Exec session is terminated for user on line console.

I have tried Hyperterminal and PuTTy using 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity or flow control. Any other settings that I have possibly missed? If I try different baud speeds, I just get garbage on the screen.

It is release 8.4.2.7

Currently it seems to work as a "dumb" switch since I cannot reset it in order to manage it.

Any assistance is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment