Thursday, January 16, 2020

Dear FS optics, we're breaking up

Dear FS SFP-10G-BX 1270/1330 10km,

I am sorry to inform you that this last outage was the last straw, I think we should see other people. The first two outages you caused I wrote off as pure unlucky coincidences. Even the third outage when an entire switch chip you were plugged into got fried and the switch TAC put all the blame on you, I still defended you due to your sister's, SFP-GE-BX 1310/1550 20km, proven reliability and wide spread use in the network. However, after tonight's skyrocket in symbol errors and FCS counters on an aggregation switch, we must part ways.

It has been fun and I wish you all the luck in other networks.

Love,

Majestic-falcon

P.S - Please don't make your sister choose sides, I am already replacing enough optics :)



No comments:

Post a Comment