Thursday, January 30, 2020

Cisco Nexus VPC peer link configuration best practice

I've got to configure a pair of new Cisco Nexus 93180's in non-ACI mode and they will need to be in a VPC domain together. Traditionally we have used the dedicated management port for peer-keepalive communication (which does go through separate upstream switches), but I am thinking this is not ideal as it is just a single link.. I 'm considering creating an SVI in it's own separated VRF for this communication going across the port-channel/trunk between the two switches (the VPC peer-link).

Am I way off here? Or do they actually need to be separate links as they currently are? Is the original method not an issue, or am I right to re-think it and do it differently? I have briefly read through this long Cisco guide, but I didn't see where it directly addressed it. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/design/vpc_design/vpc_best_practices_design_guide.pdf



No comments:

Post a Comment