Friday, January 17, 2020

Cat 9800 and Umbrella integration

We've had our shiny new Cat 9800 wireless controllers humming along for close to a year now. We're dipping our toes into integrating Cisco umbrella across our network for yet another layer of protection.

We have a few wireless networks that we'd like to apply specific Umbrella policies to and according to the umbrella wlc integration guide this looks like a great way to accomplish this if I had an older WLC.

Referencing the official Cat 9800 setup docs and the command reference, I can only find information on a global parameter map and nothing for individual wlans/vlans/etc.

Does anyone have any insight on further configuration? Is the 9800 integration just not completely baked? I figured I'd test the waters here while I'm waiting on my support channels.

I've got a call into our local SE to see what he could come up with. I'll post back with what we find.



No comments:

Post a Comment