Saturday, January 25, 2020

BGP flapping every 2-3 minutes - Mikrotik <> VPS with BIRD

Hello,

I am using a Mikrotik RB450Gx4, using BGP with my ISP for announcing my own AS and my /24. For this all is good.

The main problem is that I am using also a VPS located in a remote location, linked with my router via GRE tunnel, and that VPS is connecting me to DE-CIX internet exchange in Munich. I have set BIRD on VPS, created GRE tunnel between the VPS and my Mikrotik, established BGP with DE-CIX Route Servers. The problem is that when i try to establish the BGP between the Mikrotik and the VPS, the BGP connects successfully, import a couple of routes from the VPS, and then the connection flaps. Therefore it can't stay active. I tried to place some filter, contacted DE-CIX support and the owner of that VPS service, but nothing successful. It used to work in the past... maybe someone have any idea why the BGP session is flapping?

Things i've checked:

- MTU: tried to lower it from 1480 to 1432 and 1400. Same issue.

- Filter the IP address of the VPS itself, in order to not receive it from the RouteServer also, does not solved the issue.

- Applied some other filters, but nothing changed.

- Modified some settings also on Mikrotik and BIRD configuration - it didn't helped.

Regards,



No comments:

Post a Comment