Wednesday, January 22, 2020

ASA, this one has me stumped

I've an active standby ASA 5510-x pair in production which has been humming away merrily without issue for a few years.

​

Suddenly yesterday roughly every 30 - 60 seconds it'll stop responding to pings on any of its interfaces, including the mgmt int.

​

If i console on during this period, the reverse is also true, i.e. i cant ping out either. nothing on thew config has changed, I've tried failing over and cold reboots of both devices, (alternately and simultaneous).

​

all interfaces stay in the up state, arp tables look fine, clearing conns and xlate sessions doesn't elp

​

Unfortunately neither device will stay up long enough for me to update the firmware, but unless I've hit a very weird bug that survives a power cycle I'm not convinced that will fix it.

​

any ideas/tips to look for?

​

cheers

​

Rich



No comments:

Post a Comment