Wednesday, January 22, 2020

ASA, this one has me stumped

I've an active standby ASA 5510-x pair in production which has been humming away merrily without issue for a few years.

Suddenly yesterday roughly every 30 - 60 seconds it'll stop responding to pings on any of its interfaces, including the mgmt int.

If i console on during this period, the reverse is also true, i.e. i cant ping out either. nothing on thew config has changed, I've tried failing over and cold reboots of both devices, (alternately and simultaneous).

all interfaces stay in the up state, arp tables look fine, clearing conns and xlate sessions doesn't elp

Unfortunately neither device will stay up long enough for me to update the firmware, but unless I've hit a very weird bug that survives a power cycle I'm not convinced that will fix it.

any ideas/tips to look for?

cheers

Rich



No comments:

Post a Comment