Friday, December 20, 2019

Zayo Support

Is Zayo’s support absolute garbage or is it just the tech I got?

I’ve got a new 10Gb circuit turning up, never used Zayo before, and while I have a link and can pass traffic using the /31 and /126 if I add default routes, I’m not able to get BGP sessions up for IPv4 or IPv6 which means I can’t announce my space... The TCP sessions are just sitting at SYNSENT.

I opened a ticket yesterday and all the tech did for his first few replies was ask questions I answered in my original ticket. He was totally ignoring the BGP part of the ticket and kept acting like if the link is lit, everything is working.

Now, overnight, it seems as if my ticket disappeared from their portal. Somehow the tech managed to mark it as internal only because the chat rep could see it and told me I’d have to call in.

I guess as a related question, anyone who has used Zayo, do they do anything quirky for BGP that would prevent my session from coming up like my other provider links? This should be like 5 lines in the “router bgp” section of my ASR but it’s just not working.



No comments:

Post a Comment