Saturday, December 21, 2019

Unifi 5Ghz Channel issues

(Full setup below) I'm troubleshooting my network and seeing a weird issue. Im using a couple UAP-AC-LITE APs and have the SSIDs separated into 2G and 5G. Both bands are using the same encryption and passwords. When I'm on the APs 5G band, after 7-10 minutes some apps are very slow to open (Ring, Score, Xfinity to name a few). The problem doesn't occur on the 2G band. I turned the modems 5G band back on, and no issues. Also, everything works completely fine on cell signal.

Typically, I connect to the 5Ghz band and everything works great, all apps opening quickly. After about 7-10 minutes, the indicated apps open VERY slowly (~1 min and more).

I tried removing the switches from the network and still have the same problem. Interestingly, when I have the switch connected, my problem occurs quicker. The apps are slow to open after 5 min.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Is there something supported on the 5ghz band that isn't on the 2ghz band? Am I missing a setting my modem that is interfering with the 5ghz band?

Setup: SBG6782 modem/router combo (running in bridged mode with radio signals off and wireless disabled as to not interfere with AP signals) TL-SG1005P POE Switch to UAP-AC-LITE AP TL-SG108 Switch to another UAP-AC-LITE AP All modem and AP firmware are up to date



No comments:

Post a Comment