Friday, December 20, 2019

Strange 2nd WLAN Interface question

Okay guys bear with me here, this is going to sound strange, but here is what I'm trying to do - I have a USB WLAN card that I have attached to my Win10 PC. I'd like to use that to create it's own WIFI network - it doesn't have to bridge or connect to my actual primary (internal) network connection, I just need to create another new wifi network that will exist to allow devices to connect to it and then to communicate to each other through this small isolated wifi hotspot that I create.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this, but all I seem to find is how to share your EXISTING wifi interface to a hotspot, instead of how to utilize a second WLAN NIC to create ANOTHER network. I know i could just get a DLINK cheap WifiRouterAPall-in-one thing to do this, but I'd like to do it from a USB attached to my PC.

Any ideas? Did I explain my usecase properly, or should I provide more information to give more insight.



No comments:

Post a Comment