Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Setting up a tiny business infrastructure?

Hi all. So this will probably be a really stupid question. I’m sorry I missed moronic Monday.

Anyways. My MIL has a tax business. She has about three people that work in her office. They all share files but some share from this computer and some from that. She has an old win 2003 business server that she store files on. She has about three different computers just sitting there with different files and she has to power them on so she can access them.

I’m not an IT guy. I know about computers and a little about networking. But not enough to do this without a little guidance. So my goal is to get all of her files in one location. Preferably on a cloud server somewhere so they can all access it without storing it on her PC. Her 2003 server has all the roaming profile info and login info for her work so I need to keep those settings somewhere. Ok it’s a freaking mess in here. Not even sure where to begin. I need to find her some sort of server software to house her business info. I need to move all the files to a central location and then preferably with a hard drive back up somewhere.

Anyone have info on a good business cloud that is easy to set up?

In my mind this should be easy. Move files. Network all computers together. Figure out how to move the logins or create all new ones and just kind of streamline her processes. However with never having done that before I’m not sure where to start or what kind of craziness I’m getting myself into. Any advice or suggestions? Did I make sense at all or was that unusable information?



No comments:

Post a Comment