Saturday, December 14, 2019

Rukus ICX7150 Issues (Coming from Ubiquiti)

I recently purchased a new Lennar home that came with the Rukus ICX7150-C12-Switch for all of my IoT devices around the house (Ring/Rukus APs/Lutron/etc). However, I decided to use a Ubiquiti PoE switch (8-port 150) as my main switch since I am using the beta UDM Pro as my router/controller.

I currently have the ICX switch connected to the UDM Pro via SFP+ (DAC) so I have a 10 gigabit uplink. I do not have any devices connected to the Rukus switch currently. I also enabled the http interface, disabled telnet, and enabled ssh. However, I noticed that the web interface and ssh intermittently becomes unavailable and I am not even able to ping the switch. I also found my switch uptime to be 4 days (should be 14) as I left it alone when I installed it.

How can I determine if the Rukus switch is failing or if the SFP+ port on my UDM Pro is defective? Can/Should I upgrade the firmware?

Also, are they any tutorials or additional documentation on all of the features and setup? Or possibly any tips you guys have?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment