Thursday, December 26, 2019

Routing to vpn only for one vlan

I was wondering if it's possible to set up a network so that only members of a particular vlan is routed through a vpn connected to my other site, and all the rest of the vlans are routed out to the Internet? Is it doable with only two Cisco-routers or do you need a firewall and do policy-based-routing? I want to accomplish it without firewalls if possible. I have some isr1111 to tinker with, and gns3 of course..

What I want to accomplish is have site 2 setup with one vlan that goes to the Internet, and one vlan that connects directly to my main-site for accessing servers and whatnot. It's not a real scenario so I will just lab it up and test, so I'm open to several solutions:)

I've been searching a couple hours without finding any good material.. Does this kind of routing have a particular name? If anyone could point me to some cisco-technotes or any sort of reading material I'll be happy to figure out the rest.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment