Sunday, December 29, 2019

/r/networking appreciation post

Hi all,

i just want to express my appreciation for everyone and everything in this sub as it helps me expand my knowledge about enterprise network in a huge way.

Why you may ask?

I have been deputy teamlead in technical 2nd level customer support at a quite big ISP here in GER for ~1,5yrs now.

As deputy teamlead we are supposed to answer the technical questions from our colleagues and there's little to no documentation for technical things above our level.

Sure there's a NOC and if you get to know some of the guys they answer the questions you have but I don't want to look like a total fool to them so i read books about networking, VoIP, etc. In addition to that i extensively lurk in this sub and read nearly every post including the comments as those are cases out of the field to which i wont have access.

TL;DR

Great sub here, really enjoy all the discussion and analyzing of problems straight out of the field, they have taught me much i wouldn't have learned another way.

Thanks & Everyone have a great 2020!



No comments:

Post a Comment