Saturday, December 21, 2019

Possible to log into ip cam with no nvr or pc?

I’m setting up some cameras for my home but I don’t have all the equipment just yet. Right now I have a Ip cam connected to a Poe switch. The poe switch is connected to a stand alone router with no internet access. Ive connected my phone to the stand alone router but when I try to login to my cameras ip, it just times out and never loads. Right now I would like to just be able to view the camera from its default ip using just a smartphone. Is this possible? All the guides I can find are saying that you have to change the ip on your pc first before you can even log into the camera. Does this mean you cannot use a smartphone to log directly into the ip camera? (as you cannot change the ip on a smartphone like you can on a pc) hope this makes sense, any help is appreciated as I’m fairly new to networking.



No comments:

Post a Comment