Friday, December 27, 2019

OSPF Path Prepending?

I apologize for the dumb question, I am banging my head on this one. I currently work for an Organization with 14 Sites and two Colo/DC's. We currently have an L3VPN over MPLS with a typical BGP peering session between the PE and CE. Due to a number of different reasons (Carrier Reliability, Cost), we will tentatively be moving to a L2/Metro-E solution for the WAN Connectivity to the branches and using OSPF as the routing protocol for simplicity. What I can't wrap my brain around is how we announce the DC and default routes to the WAN. We have our Servers split between two DC's. DC-A servers are in VLAN 10, DC-B in VLAN 20. Several years ago, we added OTV into our environment and have been moving servers to a single server VLAN, VLAN 30. VLAN 10,20 and 30 are all apart of the OTV Domain and using Vmware we can migrate servers between DC's for HA (pretty standard), We currently use route maps to Prepend the routes to force all DC-A traffic to DC-A unless unavailable and likewise for DC-B, then announce the Defualt (Internet-bound traffic) via DC-A unless unavailable. (Failing to DC-B). Is there a way to easily accomplish this with OSPF or should I look at something else?

Thanks in Advance



No comments:

Post a Comment