Thursday, December 19, 2019

Network advice greatly appreciated

This is the first project I am soley responsible for and I'm not as confident as I'd like to be. I'm respectably savvy with older ASA. I have to make a hardware recommendation(model) soon and I don't know all of the project requirements yet. I have asked. I came up with several solutions but would love to hear your thoughts on what I am thinking I should ask for.

- They require new Cisco FTD 1000 or 2000

- I'm currently given 1 IP address at our location and of course will be asking for more.

- Low bandwidth usage

- Secure site to site required to 4 locations

- Branches can't access each other but have total access to our network.

- 3 VPN clients

- No domain registration for our site

Would you change the following?

- IP addresses: Request a total of 6 IP addresses. 1)PAT, 2,3,4,5)site-to-site, 6)Client VPN

- Routing: Route with FTD, policy routes from accessing one another.

- point to point vpn for branches

Can I get away with less than 6 IP addresses if I want to keep it simple?

I am struggling and spending a lot of time in Cisco documentation on these new models. I am assuming I can have all 6 IP's and described services run from one FTD port to a modem?

Does a FTD1120 fit the project?

https://imgur.com/a/3bExW0r



No comments:

Post a Comment