Saturday, December 7, 2019

Just upgraded to 300mbps. But my pc only gets 40.

Sorry, I’m new to this stuff, but idk where to ask. Just upgraded to 300mbps internet today and it works great on my phone. But my pc gets the same as before, about 40-50. So how could I get at least close to 300?

I think the problem is that my pc doesn’t support/accept 5g internet. Which my phone is connected too. As I have a 5g, and then a normal network from the same router.

My connections: Coax cable into network provider modem and then connected to router. (Probably isn’t the problem.)

My pc is using a wifi card connected to the mother board which I believe doesn’t support 5g.

I’m pretty sure I have two options but I just want to know your advice:

Get a new network card.

Or

Wire an Ethernet cord (what type..?) through the house.

The card would obviously be easier but I don’t know which one would really work.



No comments:

Post a Comment