Thursday, December 26, 2019

HP Aruba SSH "CLIENT" Configuration

Hi All,

We have a few HP Aruba switches (5400R ZL2 to be exact). I'm working up some systems to take automatic backups over SFTP (I'm a Linux admin by heart).

I'm working on adding a scheduled job to automatically backup the configurations. So far I have only been able to do this manually as I have to enter a password each time to upload over SFTP.

I'm unable to find any information on generating a private/public key FOR THE SWITCH itself so that it can SFTP without a password but the only results I get on Bing/Google are about adding SSH keys so that operators/managers can SSH to the switch itself without a password.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Having some issues tracking down exactly what I need (assuming it's possible?) from HP or search engines.



No comments:

Post a Comment