Wednesday, December 18, 2019

How to stop OSPFv3 to automatically set "no passive-interface" despite "passive-interface default"?

Recently i have started migrating some switches from OSPFv2 to OSPFv3 and have stumbled over something that I can't figure out.

This is (the relevant part of) my ospfv3 config:

router ospfv3 10 ! address-family ipv4 unicast passive-interface default area <omitted> nssa no-summary 

Now, coming from ospfv2, what I expect this to do is leave any interface that has not been explicitly configured as "no passive-interface" in passive mode.

But whenever I go on and add an interface to the routing process using the command below, since I want it to be advertised in the network, IOS XE goes on and automatically whacks a "no passive-interface" into the OSPF config. Which I have to remove again, since I don't want my OSPFv3 building neighbourships over my access VLANs.

ospfv3 10 ipv4 area <omitted> 

Did anyone else here come across this and figure out how to actually set "passive-interface default"?



No comments:

Post a Comment