Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Configuring Cisco Merakis locally?

So, I'll admit, I've not had a huge amount of experience setting up Cisco Merakis. I've gone to reconfigure one today that the provider installed yesterday to a new line, i believe they did some initial config on it.

I've connected in, got IP through DHCP, (192.168.128.10/24) and my gateway is 192.168.128.1

Setup guide says to connect to setup.meraki.com. This fails however, it resolves to 192.168.193.1 which I can ping, but cant connect to over HTTP, HTTPS or SSH.

So, I'm guessing config changes have to be done through the Meraki dashboard? Well I logged in, tried to claim the device by entering the serial number and it says device is already in use (presumably under another account, I guess the ISPs)

What options do I have now except to get whoever is currently managing it to 'unclaim' it? Are there literally 0 options to configure it locally?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment