Thursday, December 19, 2019

Cisco 2960L Smart Managed

Has anyone used these?

My company is expanding internationally and used a local resource to source the IT equipment. We had a say in what what purchased so we spec'ed out the router but I didn't pay a lot of attention to the switches as they selected a 2960L. I didn't catch the "sm" in the model name. When I started to configure the switches, I discovered the command line interface is limited to info and troubleshooting. So I dig into the web interface- This is a layer 2 switch but the ports have an option to be routed? There is also an option to configure SVI's?

I am fairly new to networking and wear a bunch of hats (network/telecom/cellular/admin) so I have some outside help on the configuration. The guy I am working with has not seen any switches like this. Since the switch is layer 2, we built the router config as "router on a stick" with sub-interfaces. Should I keep this config? Being new with little experience, this job has my head spinning.



No comments:

Post a Comment