Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Can i connect 60 Cisco IP phones directly to my Cisco 2911 router?? (I'm a beginner in Voice)

Hi guys,

So i am doing a project where i have 60 IP phones and 60 PC'S which i have to connect to my network

Network:

  • Cisco 2911 router
  • Cisco 2960 POE Switch (3 x 48 ports)
  • Cisco 7960G IP phone

Things i have done:

  • deployed cable for both PC and Phone separately (I have seen posts where it shows that one cable was enough from the switch)
  • Purchased Voice line from my provider.
  • Purchased bandwidth from my internet provider

Confusion:

  • Can i connect my IP phones directly to my POE Switches -> Router and then NAT it to the IP given by Voice provider (IS it a good practice?)
  • Also will my internal calling be charged like extension calls?
  • IP PBX vs router what is a good solution
  • Should i get an IP PBX or my router will work fine?

TIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment