Sunday, December 29, 2019

Allowed vlans in trunk

I've been looking over our switch configs that I've inherited and I have a question on allowed vlans on trunk ports. The interfaces I'm questioning have our access points connected to them.

Currently all ports that have a access point connected to them look like this

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/6

 switchport trunk native vlan 9

 switchport mode trunk

 spanning-tree portfast

I feel they should be configured as below to only allow the vlans that we want:

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/7

 description AP-MS104

 switchport trunk native vlan 9

 switchport trunk allowed vlan 6,9,10,70,155-157

 switchport mode trunk

Edit: our VoIP is set up the same as our Access Points which definitely doesn't seem right.



No comments:

Post a Comment