Thursday, December 26, 2019

8 port fiber switch (10gb)

I'm looking for an 8 port fiber switch (minimum) with 10gb on the fiber ports. Less than 16 ports are needed, but the more fiber ports, the more $$$$$, which is why I'm looking for a minimum of 8 but more than 16 ports aren't needed.

I'd like to stick with Cisco, Dell or HP. I'm also looking for a budget switch. I'd be ok with the cisco small business line even if people advise against it. I was told to not look at enterprise versions of switches to save on costs.

With that being said, please don't recommend the 16 port ubiquiti xg fiber switch, they are having firmware issues and they have not been resolved.

I found this, but it is being phased out.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg500xg-8f8t-16-port-10-gigabit-stackable-managed-switch/model.html

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment