Wednesday, December 11, 2019

1.1.1.1 cannot resolve youtube?

Did anyone else experience the issue of getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN when using 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for youtube, outlook, reddit and others?

I've had my router configured to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, Cloudflare's DNS for a couple of years now. However, thirty minutes ago I tried opening youtube on my smart TV and it would fail every single time. I gave up on that and went on my computer to check up on reddit... same problem even on my phone, it seems the DNS queries kept failing.

I've had a similar problem at work before and the answer was that my server's DNS wasn't configured that well so I checked my router and switched from Cloudflare to google's DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and the moment I did that everything went back up and I was able to access all my favorite websites.



No comments:

Post a Comment