Monday, November 4, 2019

Vlan routing issue with SG300 and XS728T switches

So I have a Cisco SG300, and a Netgear XS728T. The SG is static'd on VLAN 1, the XS is static'd on VLAN 40 and I can reach the XS just fine.. both ICMP and HTTPS. However a device I static'd on VLAN 30 is inaccessible on the XS.

I have added all VLAN's as tagged to the requisite ports from the firewall down (FW is acting as L3 device). If I static a device on any tagged VLAN then hang it off the SG directly I can reach it. But, in this case a new QNAP NAS, on VLAN 30 I cannot ping it nor can the Qfinder app see it. I uplinked it's secondary nic and left it on DHCP for VLAN 1.. it pulled a valid address and was discoverable.

The XS and SG are uplinked via Fiber 1G SFP, I just verified those two ports are set to untagged VLAN 1, Tagged VLANS 20, 30 and 40. Also the Firewall LAN interface is also set to U VLAN 1/T VLAN 20,30,40 I've also verified the static address on the Qnap does have the correct subnet mask and GW.

For the life of me I cannot figure this out and I know it's something stupid.



No comments:

Post a Comment