Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Switching Pri WAN gateway on Cyberoam 100ing, static IPv4 route?

So tonight I went about swapping primary WAN ports on my Cyberoam here at work, from a 10mb to a 1GB fiber circuit (do you even call them circuits anymore?).

Anyway, I setup the two WAN ports as a FailOver group, with the new one being Backup, old being Active. Then I unplugged the old one. The FW looked like it failed over just fine.. the new GW came online but no traffic was being passed. Pings, traceroutes, bouncing all teh switches between me and the FW.. nothing was passing to the new GW address. I tried swapping things around a few different ways to include tapping a laptop directly into the UBNT GSW the new fiber provider terminated their fiber on here. On interface ETH1 I could not pull DHCP but I could statically set the laptop to any of our 4 external IP's can be and traffic was passing from it to the internet.

Plug back into the Cyberoam and nothing. That is, until I set a static unicast IPv4 route:

  • 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 <GW address> PortH (new wan port)

Immediately my idle ping terminal windows began to fill up.

My question to you fellows is.. if the previous setup did not need a static route, why did I have to create one? And should I be worried about not having a multicast route?



No comments:

Post a Comment