Thursday, November 21, 2019

Small and Cheap Switch with LLDP?

Hey guys and gals,

I'm currently trying to find a cheap switch that supports LLDP. Preferably under $100 each. What I'm thinking is if I can get a very basic, small switch (5 or 8 port) with LLDP then I can start making sense of physical topology a little bit easier by placing these in various locations then seeing how everything comes back to the distribution switch.

My scenario: out in the desert, have a site with 10 or so individual buildings that are all connected, 6 of the buildings have strictly layer 2, basic Netgear or HP ProCurve switches. I've been able to piece everything together luckily but it has surely taken much longer than I'd like. It's important to note that this location will NOT remain this way and it's kind of something I inherited. Yay!

Any pointers would sure be helpful. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment