Thursday, November 7, 2019

Slow VPN throughput Meraki - Palo Alto IPSec VPN

Hi All,

Not a networking guy but in the office on my own and not getting anywhere with support so thought I'd ask here.

I'm getting pretty poor speeds across an IPSec VPN between Meraki and Palo Alto and I have no idea what the bottleneck might be.

I dont think it's CPU or WAN link bandwidth saturation. I've tried when both offices are empty and getting same speeds (and no replication on going etc).

I'm getting through put from Meraki -> Palo Alto around 355KBps and Palo Alto -> Meraki around 10Mbps

If I connect to either site not using VPN, for example downloading in browser I'm getting much faster speeds so

For IKE I'm using 3DES (although tried with AES 256 and AES 128), SHA1 and DH2

and for IPSec I'm using 3DES (Again tried with AES 256 and AES 128) and SHA1 and no PFS.

There is no QoS on the meraki to limit anything. There is some QoS on the Palo Alto concerning VoIP traffic but its controlled by destination IP and I dont see anything else that could be causing it.

I know its a long shot but if anyone had an idea or theory I'd really appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment