Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Resources focused on how to implement TCP/IP from scratch?

I want to code my own reduced version of TCP, IP and Ethernet protocols, but I can't find any *good* material online to help me. I bumped into TCP/IP Illustrated from Richard Stevens as well as this GitHub repo (which at first seemed perfect but ended up being not very well documented).

I've seem similar questions and people tend to answer that one should first study the protocol and then implement it. What I'm trying to do is make the learning a little lighter by inserting practical coding alongside it. Problem is, even if one knows what goes on in, say, IP, implementing it means understanding and knowing your way around kernel-level stuff.

Are there any books/tutorials whose sole purpose is to guide you through the process of coding you own protocol stack?

Thanks in advance :)



No comments:

Post a Comment