Monday, November 11, 2019

PSA: Possible PearsonVue Breach

This morning I came into the office with email confirmations from StubHub for a concert and a college football game worth over $2,000. The only place I have ever used my work email for any sort of purchase was at PearsonVue for my CCNP and CWNA exams (I have to use my work email for exam reimbursements). I have never ordered anything else to be shipped to my office and the new StubHub account listed my office as my address and used my full legal name which I do not use outside of a professional setting (including other online ordering, etc). I also never store my credit cards on any site and I'm not even sure that's an option on Pearson's website but clearly they're keeping the information on the backend. Something else that was fishy was that they forced me to add "security questions" to my account this morning when I logged in to make sure my card wasn't stored there. Either that's a very strange coincidence or they know that there was a breach and haven't disclosed it yet but have increased security. I'm posting here because I figured you guys may want to check your credit card statements and change your PearsonVue passwords since a lot of you use PearsonVue for certifications.

Mods, if you want to remove this because it somehow violates sub rules that's fine, I just figured this would be informative to quite a few people here.



No comments:

Post a Comment