Friday, November 1, 2019

PoE "Cycling" problem - HP Procurve JG963a

Hey all,

I'm setting up a solution that involves iPads in wall mounts outside of conference rooms and I have an adapter that converts PoE -> Lightning for iPad 10.2 or Mini power (it's by Texas POE). This device uses 802.3af PoE technology

I have an HP Procurve JG963a switch, which, according to the manual supports 802.3af but it has that dubious verbiage of saying "802.3af (Ready)".

When I plug this PoE converter into the switch, the networking lights do a consistent cycle of seemingly powering on, then fading off, and repeat ad infinitum. If I look at switch logs, I see this error over and over: Trap <pethPsePortOnOffNotification>.

My best hypothesis is that I have to change some setting on the switch that either matches the power required by the PoE converter or enable 802.3af support, but I can't seem to find any options to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment