Saturday, November 2, 2019

Network Services Billing tool/app/system

Our network getting bigger and bigger, my team would like to build an internal billing system to associate network resources usage to specific department or teams.

For example, we provide centralized Internet to many location/offices, we would like to give visibility and eventually bill individual location based on their real usage. The idea would be to become a "carrier/isp" within our business.

I know where/how to collect stats and/or usage data, but I've never worked to integrate this data into some sort of billing system. I'm beginning my exploration phase. I'll have to talk to internal teams (procurement/accounting) to know which app they use to bill other services (not network related).

On the more technical side, I'm wondering where/how to store billing related data. First intuition is to simply use our network management platform data to collect information (stats, usage, etc), then to "push/pull" this data into a crunching system (calculate 95centile, calculate numbers of ports in use, consolidate/aggregate some data for redundant services, etc). Finally, this "crunched" data would go into a billing system and service/price would be associated to it.

Any tips, ideas, experience with "network data" to "service billing" would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment