Friday, November 1, 2019

Network Engineer - Resume Advice - Entry-Level

Hey all,

I am a Network Engineer that has just over one year of experience under my belt looking for an entry-level position around Chicago.

I put my resume through a free ATS (Applicant Tracking System) scanner and it suggested to add a professional summary, as well as to use active-language instead of passive-language. The scan said I came off as a do'er instead of an achiever, i.e. someone that just "does" what they are told to do instead of working independently to accomplish goals for a company.

Yes, my last date of employment as a Network Engineer was December 2017, which concerns me, but I have to deal with it. I also know that I should touch on more projects that I worked on, but I mostly worked on learning our F5 GTM/LTM systems at the time, and getting my CCNA R&S + my F5-CA certs, so I am not sure what to include exactly. I had a variety of responsibilities, including managing our F5 systems (mostly working with devs to create and troubleshoot F5 VIPs using basic iRules - most complicated thing was the SSL-passthrough VIP that I mention on my resume), obtaining SSL certificates for our public-facing VIPs, modifying firewall rules, troubleshooting intermittent application issues via pcap analysis, analyzing network throughput/load, testing VPN and site-to-site throughput, and I installed a new Cisco switch stack when we deployed a new floor in our corporate office.

I am hoping that someone here can offer tips or advice on how I can modify my resume in order to be a more attractive candidate. You can find it at this link: https://docdro.id/quyj1do

Any an all suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment