Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Multiple VLAN trunks on a Mikrotik?

As a Cisco certified idiot it just baffles me how Mikrotiks vlan configuration is totally different(all the other vendors I have experience with copy Ciscos way).

For this context I have a Mikrotik CRS 328 and a RB2011.

Here is what I am trying to do...

-The CRS receives VLANs 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 on its trunk on SFP-SFPPlus1.

-Vlan 2 is a management VLAN and I have created a VLAN interface with an IP address and it pings correctly from the entire network.

-I created a bridge_trunk which I use to tag and untag all the vlans on varios interfaces.

-I have created access ports(vlans 7,6,5) and tested them successfully(my laptop received DHCP and internet access from there).

-Now the problem. I also want to create a trunk(vlans 2,3,4,5) that will be between the CRS328 and RB2011. The interface I used for that was SFP20. I put vlans 2,3,4,5 as tagged on both ends. I created a VLAN interface for the management VLAN, but the problem is it won't ping. It starts pinging when I connect it to a trunk on a Cisco. But not when I connect it to the CRS 328.

For the purposes of my testing all the SFPs are connected to RJ45-SFP connectors.



No comments:

Post a Comment