Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Looking for some advice on packet loss issue with Velocloud and Sonicwall setup

So we have a pair of Sonicwalls in an HA configuration and recently added a Velocloud device alongside them. Our site is the hub and we'll eventually have remote sites with VCE devices as well instead of going over the Sonicwall VPN. When we first implemented we split our WAN connection with an unmanaged switch to the VCE and SW pair. The VCE would report pretty bad packet loss throughout the day. We have fairly high bandwidth usage on our connection so I wouldn't exactly rule out overutilization. However, I see the same exact issue just as bad when using our backup WAN which has much lower utilization.

So far we've tried different switches, different cables, a different VCE device. The other day I plugged the VCE in directly to our WAN bypassing everything else and the QoE score was a 10 pretty much the entire time. When I reintroduced the SW's it started back with packet loss. Today I configured a private vlan setup on a Cisco SG switch with the router as the primary vlan, the VCE in an isolated vlan, and the SW pair in a community vlan. This seemed to help improve things quite a bit as the QoE score went up to 9-9.5 for the day, but there is still some packet loss. I am wondering if I can take what I setup maybe a step further to get this just right, or if there is a better solution? I suspect there is some L2 issue with the SW and VCE being on the same network, but I am just not sure where to take it from here so any advice is appreciated. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment