Saturday, November 9, 2019

Just a few questions about GNS3 from a n00b.

There seems to be a LOT of data out there on GNS3, but Im hoping to glean the best bits from the top minds of r/networking.

Use Case: I work for an ISP running a MPLS/BGP network. Lots of copy/paste implementing. Configuring devices for migrations. A little bit of trouble shooting. Not much direct learning/teaching going on. I want to implement my own virtual network, (or try) using the configs of devices at work but build them like Im the designer. Eventually track labels and poke and break things. We do have actual lab equipment, but its kind of production lab. I can easily break customers messing with configs. Single area OSPF and BPG just used for MBGP.

Question: How the fuck do I do it. Can I run this on a beefy laptop? Do I use the VM? Is the VM just a stand alone machine? Do the routers just use normal IOSes? Or are there virtual IOSes? How do I implement switches?

Im really interested in digging deeper, I just dont know how to go about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment