Tuesday, November 26, 2019

iPerf , network performance stats and a cloud Linux instance

I've been working on a project to log network performance metrics and one of the criteria is performance to the "internet." The plan is to have Python run iPerf3 on Raspberry Pi 4s located at key network points. the Raspberry Pi will go to an Iperf3 server located somewhere on the cloud. The problem I'm running into is finding a place to run the server. The cloud services I've investigated do not specify the bandwidth they offer. I've found that an AWS t2.micro instance only provides around 80mb/s. I need 1gb/s. Azure is equally as vague about their bandwidth offerings, so I'm assuming they offer the equivalent of AWS. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I could run an iPerf3 server?



No comments:

Post a Comment