Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Huge gaffe today

Just needed to get something off my chest. I was talking to my boss and a colleague at my (very) new job today about a story where an individual had automated his entire job and basically worked an hour per day and after some time of basking in the glory of that situation, finally told his manager about it and was subsequent fired.

I, in a moment of sheer fucking stupidity, commented on how a deadman switch would be the appropriate hedge against such a situation.

Needless to say, my new boss was not very pleased to hear that coming from the FNG, so I pretty much swallowed my entire foot whole and probably looked like I had just seen a ghost.

Not looking for any advice, just needed to throw it out there about how fucking stupid I was and that joking about deadman switches in a role where things tend to be automated is a really bad idea. I don't think anything material will come of it, but trust and rapport are immeasurable and I fear they may have suffered some damage after working really hard to build them up.



No comments:

Post a Comment