Saturday, November 16, 2019

How to view which ACK packets cumulatively acknowledge multiple data packets in a Wireshark trace?

Say I have a trace (I uploaded it here https://www.cloudshark.org/captures/d37a26bda955) and I want to view which ACK packets cumulatively acknowledge multiple data packets.
Now I know that cumulative acknowledgement is a process in which the receiver sends a single acknowledgement in response to a certain number of frames received. I guess my problem then would be:

  1. How can I find that certain number of frames, and subsequently.
  2. How can view which ACK packets cumulatively acknowledge multiple data packets in a Wireshark trace?

From looking at the trace, to me it seems as though only packet 22 and 28 are ACKing multiple packets, but I am having a hard time figuring it out.
Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment