Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Fluke DSX-602 for troubleshooting copper issues?

We have aging copper infrastructure. I am starting to see failures that are difficult to troubleshoot, but I suspect aging copped is to blame. It has been installed for about 8 years There is possibility that rooftop conduit could be full of water, or recent construction could have put strain at corners of cable runs, combined with heat. I don't know, anything is possible.

Increasingly we are doing more cable installation as well, mostly for small labs and IP camera installations but never certifying, just doing basic wiremap testing. This is not going to stop.

I have been looking into test equipment so I can really know what is going on with the copper. Is there any better choice than the Fluke DSX-602? Just to recap, this would be used both for troubleshooting existing aging infrastructure, and certifying new installations.

THANKS!
--Dan



No comments:

Post a Comment