Saturday, November 16, 2019

EIGRP Properties as Distance Vector & Link State?

I'm currently studying for my CCNA and taking a closer look at EIGRP. Since eigrp is neither a distance vector nor a link state protocol but instead has features of both types and is therefore an advanced distance vector protocol, I'd like to know:

What are the Distance Vector properties that eigrp follows?

What are the Link State properties that eigrp follows?

From my understanding EIGRP's link state properties are:

  • neighbor relationships and sending hello packets
  • keeping information about the network in a topology table
  • not sending periodic updates like rip, but only on topology changes and a full update once a neighbor somes up

EIGRP 's DV properties :

-split-horizon

-successor/feasible successor routes based on the next hop

What else am I missing?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the shitty formatting (mobile)



No comments:

Post a Comment