Wednesday, November 27, 2019

DHCP Issues - Dell 4148 OS10 Smart Fabric

New to Dell switches. I guess the model probably doesnt matter as much as it running OS10

I have setup port 50 and 51 to be VLAN13. VLAN happens to be for iDRAC and other mgmt tasks. I tried setting up DHCP on the switch, and I have tried setting them up as DHCP Helper. Neither one worked.

Attempt 1 DHCP straight from the the Smart Fabric Docs
OS10(config)# ip dhcp server
OS10(config-dhcp)# pool VLAN13
OS10(config-dhcp-Dell)# default-router 192.168.1.1
OS10(config-dhcp-Dell)# network 192.168.1.0/24
OS10(config-dhcp-Dell)# range 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.20

Made sure to run no disable So I presume it would hand off DHCP address to our iDracs plugged into the switch. The idrac are set to DHCP. No luck. Seemed pretty straight forward

Since that didnt work I tried using DHCP Relay back to our Windows DHCP Server

On port 50 and 51 I have a R640 plugged into the idrac ports, I ran ip-helper ipaddr_of_our_server I dont think there is anything else to do other than that. They are set to access ports and have VLAN13 configured.

I dont currently have access to the switches to grab the configs, but these are pretty vanilla.

When logged into the switch I can ping the server at the office so pretty sure nothing is blocking. I am sure I missed something simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment