Friday, November 8, 2019

Data Center relocation and IP overlap question

My organization is currently in the planning stages of moving our data center into a colo. Our existing DC support ~200 host on a mix of pizza box hardware and UCS. The network infrastructure is a Cisco 4507 pair in VSS. The equip we are looking to throw out in the colo are a few pairs of Cisco N9K's.

My question is regarding IP overlap that will occur once we start the build-out. From what I have read, technologies that sorta let you stretch L2 like VXLAN or OTV are not supported on my existing hardware that exists in the old DC. That leaves me with moving the DC a VLAN at a time or NAT'ing between the DC's. Anyone else out there have any ideas, or any case studies that could help out?



No comments:

Post a Comment