Wednesday, November 6, 2019

copying file from Cisco ASA

I spent the better part trying to copy some files from Cisco ASA. Because it's a corporate laptop, for some reason I couldn't make the TFTP/FTP server (3CDaemon) work on my laptop.

I don't have a linux server at my disposal. Managed to find a windows server with 3cdaemon - tftp worked for smaller files, did not work for large files(timed out)

Couldn't get FTP transfer to work (permission denied)

I ended up using ASDM to transfer file between the ASA and my PC.

Just wondering, how do you people get the files? Is there something native in windows that we can use to copy file from the ASA directly? A python script/function just for retrieving files? Some Powershell magic ?

I feel there might be something very simple I might be overlooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment