Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Cisco IP SLA Configuration

At our six branches, we currently utilize a local internet provider for external internet traffic while sending all internal traffic back to headquarters over a MPLS connection. What I'm looking to do is configure failover for when the internet provider is down.

Currently in each 2901, I have a default router configured: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.132.12.2 to point internet traffic to the firewall. I also have advertised a default route via BGP at our headquarters site. This only shows up on the branch routers if I remove the local static default route.

What I'd like to do is configure SLA monitoring so if the local internet connection goes down, it removes the default route and fails back to the route obtained via bgp. When the local internet comes back up, it adds the route back.

What's the best way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance. I'm more of a server guy so this is foreign to me.

Edit.. Seems we don't have the required license to even do IP SLA.



No comments:

Post a Comment