Friday, November 22, 2019

Career path

I'm wanting some insight into my career options. Any input, opinions, or resources to help me make a final decision would be awesome.

As of now, I only have customer service/food work experience. I have completed the Advanced Networking Certification Program at UoP and have a strong knowledge of networking and computers from personal and school experience.

My end goal is Senior Network Engineer and/or Architectural Designer. This is my long-term goal. Every job I view of this requires at least 2 of 3 of these requirements: 1.) 4+ years of experience in related field with knowledge of everything networking pretty much, 2.) Bachelor's Degree from accredited college, and 3.) industry certifications such as MCIP, A+, Net+, CCNA, CCNP.

So what would be the route most likely to get this job?

A.) Continue off of my Advanced Networking Program from UoP at Missouri S&T and earn my Bachelor's in Information Science and Tech. Also take the Network + cert which I am self studying for.

B.) Take any IT job I can get, pay 170$ for network plus out of pocket and earn Bachelor's in Network Operations and Security at WGU(accredited online college). (Although this college doesn't look as good on resumes.) Note that this college program includes 11 different, paid for, certification attempts.

C.) Take advanced mathematics classes at a college near me and qualify for the Computer Science program at MS&T, then transfer to MS&T..also take the Net+. I would qualify for transfer scholarships this route. But do more schooling also.



No comments:

Post a Comment