Thursday, November 14, 2019

Can You Help With This?

Hey, so my weakness is networking I guess you could say and I am having trouble with a branch of ours (I am remote at corp).

We have a fortinet firewall set up at a branch. We have a fax service that goes through faxfinder server at corp. A single user is unable to ping the fax server from their PC. We are not sure why. I am able to ping our core SW, I can even ping my pc here at corp from their PC at the remote site.

I do a tracert to the fax server and it will name resolve the IP, an the hop dies after the first hop. The first hop is the Firewall IP address then hop 2 states request timed out.

Is there something wrong with my VPN tunnel or maybe our switch back at corp? This seems to only be happening for this user.

Anything I need to look at? Do you need more info.? Let me know, thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment