Thursday, November 28, 2019

Breakout Cisco 93108TC-FX

Hi,

I am speccing a new environment for our company. As all of our servers are running 10Gbase-T with the exception of some appliances. We have a much bigger need for Copper then Fibre. We have a separate SAN as well so no need for FCoE. All these would be used for interconnecting 2 small computerrooms (don't dare to call them DC's) for their Internet Traffic(Hosting quite some Internet Services). At each location we need a bit more then 50 ports, so these Cisco Nexus 93108TC-FX seem pretty well for our case. Each location would get 2 for redundancy off course (in vpc). Meaning we need 4. My main issue is QSFP breakout documentation. I can't find the information for these switches. I find for a lot but not for these specifically, is this good or very bad news. Anyway my idea was to cable the QSFP+ ports straigth to a MPO Patchpanel that would break it out in 4*LC ports. Or something like that (don't really know the terminology). So in this way I could connect my 10G Fiber appliances (Palo Alto,Netscaler,...) on this patch panel, keeping it clean. The big question is off course is it possible? It appears that the chipset used is a LS1800FX, and that the 40/100G ports are ports 49-54 , can these be broken out in 10/25G? Supposing the answer is yes, can it be done per 40/100G port or does it automatically count for multiple 40/100G ports (for example 2,3 or 6)? Oops almost forgot I would like to run NX-OS, I do not want to run ACI.



No comments:

Post a Comment